Friday, April 23, 2010

Captain Terrific!

Dylan is convinced that he is captain terrific. I got a call on my way home tonight that he had washed his cape and he was flying around making sure that everything was safe. Glad to hear it. Now we need to watch a little less Imagination Movers.

He is full of imagination these days. Our little friend thinks that he is Shrek with a bucket on his head saving me, princess fiona, from the dragon. We play this little scene out a few times a day. We are noticing that he picks up dialogue from movies quite fast and then recites them as if it is a part of what he is doing. Today he was in time-out for about 10 minutes before we realized that the reason he was saying, "Shut up", was because it was a part of a line in Shrek. Needless to say it will be some time before he watches that movie again...and we are going to be much more careful from this point forward. I should have known this would happen when he was just 2 and re-enacting scenes from The Santa Clause in the mirror.

I am very much looking forward to this year winding down at work, the students move out on FRIDAY!!! I am excited to have such a flexible boss that is allowing me to work from home so much. That will be so nice during the summer with Roger and Dylan at home. I don't want to have to miss out on Dylan's funny adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment